Thursday, August 23, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Thursday, I made spaghetti for dinner--it's one of Jordan's favorites! Both Jordan and Lawson loved it and made a HUGE mess! Then we had strawberry cupcakes-YUM!
I just want to do what my big brother is doing!!!!
We were so glad to have Murray and Iris come!
Papa is ready for the party!
Babo came from Michigan!
Ben and Anna brought Abbie, Bailey and Noah!
The baby girls of the party!
Jason and Baby Jackson
Heather and Kaley
Daddy and the Birthday Girl
Mommy and the Birthday Girl!
I LOVE CAKE!!
Nana helping Lawson eat his cake and ice cream
Is there more in here???
So thankful for all of our party guests!
Friday, August 10, 2007
Jordan has been a great light in our family. She has a great smile and beautiful bright eyes. It's a joy to watch her in each stage of her life. We thank God for the blessing she is to us, and we pray for his continued blessing on her as she grows into a Christian young lady.
We extend thanks to all of our family and friends who are so supportive to us and our children. We love and appreciate you more than you will ever know.
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Turns out that after only a couple weeks of inactivity, Mr. Bybee becomes quite the heckler!!! So...I feel that I should offer up an explanation for my delinquency, as well as a quick update on information of note around here! So...pull on your chaps, kick on your spurs, grab a great hat and hop into the saddle--it's quite a ride!!! :)
First of all, one of our possessions that we rely so heavily on has been limping along on its last leg--our computer is on the FRITZ!! Our poor little computer is from my college days--it's 6 or 7 years old--is that like EXTINCT in computer years?? It has a CD PLAYER, but doesn't burn anything. The only way to save stuff used to be by the USB plug-in FLOPPY DISK DRIVE (you didn't even know they still had disks, right???) but now we can use the new flash drives. It had been sloooooow for a long time, and has always had a problem freezing up, but here lately it's gotten so much worse. It had gotten to the point that we could turn it on, check one or two websites, and then it would freeze. So, it took me like 5 or 6 cycles of
wait 5 minutes for it to start up,
check two websites,
watch arrow stop working,
turn back on,
repeat entire cycle,
just to read my blogroll!! That doesn't even include if I wanted to check my email or look up a recipe or look for some of our pictures...What a pain! I haven't even turned the computer ON in over a week!!
Soooo...this weekend is tax-free, so we bit the bullet and bought a new computer. Blogs are important and all, but the main reason for this crazy purchase is because the terrible thought of the possiblity that the old computer is going to blow up and lose ALL of the pictures we have of our kids is keeping me from sleeping at night!!!
So...now starts the process of loading our MANY pics little by little to our little flash drive, then safely placing them on the new computer! THEN burning them onto CD!!
And now for a quick (ha ha...do you know me???) summary of what's going on around here...
1. Jon really loves his new job! He's been working long hours trying to get everything organized and in order, but will soon be able to work more regular hours and be home more! After having him here for almost 3 months, we missed him when he went back to work...Every morning, Lawson says "where did daddy go?" We're really grateful that such a good opportunity opened up.
2. Last Thursday Lawson came down with a cough. Friday night he had a fever. Saturday all he did was burn up, cough and lay around. Kept the kids home Sunday, and took Lawson to the Dr. Monday to see if he was contagious because we were having friends over for dinner Monday night. Doc said he should be fine, so we had a great group over to eat and visit.
3. Wednesday, Jordan woke up with a fever and cough. Basically, repeat #2!! Took her to the dr, who said it was croup. Pretty much what Lawson had but she was worse b/c her chest had quite a bit of wheezing. So, 3 meds later we've been treating both of these kids and they seem to be getting better!!
4. Jordan has been standing by herself for a LONG time. This week she started taking steps!!! A couple days ago, she took 3 R/L steps to me, then last night she took 3, then 5, then 2...she still prefers crawling b/c she's so fast, but we're hoping with practice she'll be walking like a pro for her bday next week!
5. Thanks to Anna who called me Thursday to tell me about Suzanne!!! Suzanne is a girl I lived next door to at Harding. My roomies knew her better than I did b/c they were all in the same club. Anyhow...she and her husband just had QUADRUPLETS!!!! I have been reading and following along with her blog for months...Her counter is going crazy--in the last 2 months she's gone from 80,000 to 260,000!!! The post when she said she was going for her C-section had almost 200 comments of people saying they were praying all over the world!! AMAZING!!! Crazy how you can feel like you know someone you don't really know!!! Anyways...she has a cool blog if you wanna check it out...The Quads
6. Happy Birthday Will and Mary Carolyne!! Sorry we couldn't make your parties, but we hope you had fun!!! Our wishes for many more to come! :)
Ummmmm....that's all I can think of right now....but for fear of heckler Bybee coming back, I'll try not to have such a lapse of time between posts!!! :) Therefore, rest assured that now that I'm assured that my computer will not blow up if I turn it on I may begin to post regularly again!!! :)
Signing off for now...