Monday, February 4, 2008

It's Unofficially Official!

As your local, on-the-scene every night reporter in your local Madison neighborhoods, I would like to make an announcement.


This is for all of you mommies.

This is for all of the mommies who don't think they can bear to see another nose that's snotty-to-the-paci, let alone make another hurried run to the tissue box only to get back to the kid 1/2 second after they discovered their own Snot River and turned it into a Snot Marsh all over their face, eyebrows, hands and ears!

This if for the mommies who can't handle their toddlers standing at the door pointing and hollering to go outside--totally oblivious that if we did, in fact go outside, we might start losing and having to look for fingers because it has been so insanely cold outside!

This is for mommies who, even on the days it's not a 5 degree windchill, try to go outside and spend 15 minutes trying to get a kid into a carseat because apparently the straps 'self-re-adjust' everytime you take someone out and now you are going crazy trying to get the kid-and his/her puffy-fluffy coat-into those harnesses!

This is for everyone like me who, as soon as the first leaf fell last fall, knew that these months were upon us. I'm telling you...maybe after a scorching summer the cool breeze feels refreshing, but to me it is SO not worth the winter months that follow! As soon as it cooled, I was longing for a hot summer day again!

Now...(were you wondering how long it was going to take me to stop rambling?)...here's my announcement...

Da da de daaaaahhhh....

SPRING IS ALMOST HERE!!!

Well, duh, you say...of course it's on it's way!

I want to unofficially announce that it's CLOSE! I can almost taste it. But the thing that makes me so sure is the preliminary evidence! Let me explain...

This is my 3rd spring to witness it. Based on a thus far predictable track record, I shall present my evidence...
THE BUNNIES ARE OUT IN FULL FORCE!!!!
On my route the last week or so, I have seen an extraordinary number of bunnies hopping around...This happens some all winter, but I also have started noticing that they are hopping around with "friends"!! This means that they feel like it's gonna be warm enough soon enough to start doing what bunnies do to make baby bunnies!!! I'm telling you...
All you winter-laden mommies, take this paper girl's word...it won't be long before the baby bunnies are here!!!

4 comments:

Jamey said...

Ahhh...I miss the bunnies in Huntsville. Especially the ones that lived in our backyard!

Today was a Spring day here...only my kids and I spent the day in the doctor's office instead of outside in the beauty.

Sunny said...

So happy that Spring is almost here. I'm sure that we will get another blast of arctic air before its all over. Did you see that the high today is 75??? We are about to head out to the driveway to ride bikes (even though the driveway is still a little wet). I just hope that the tornadoes stay away.

We should all celebrate the arrival of Spring with a park play date! Enjoy the warmth today brings!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Yeah!!! That makes me so happy! Thanks for the report, Stacy Stacy. :) I think the news station could hire you...you've always got a lot of info to share from your late night rounds. I needed that bit of good news today. )

Alisha said...

Thanks for the exciting report. I can't wait for warmer days! Bring on the bunnies!!!