Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lawson the Worship Leader

Sunday night one of our Seniors was baptized after Huddles. After the baptism, we were all just standing around visiting and Lawson asked his daddy to take him up to the pulpit and hold him up so he could lead a song. Our Youth Minister caught it on his camera and emailed it to me. I think this will be a fun memory to have for Lawson when he gets older and (maybe) fills this role for real!

Notes:

1. He usually gets more words right, but there were lots of people standing around and I think he was distracted!

2. Check out Jordan being goofy and making fish faces on the pulpit! Sorry to whoever has to wash it!

3. Also...at the end, he sees a handheld microphone and wants to get down and use the "real one."

7 comments:

Sunny said...

That's just too cute!

brooke said...

That is great!! Ya'll are so lucky that is caught on tape!!

Bri Maharrey said...

Love it!! Lawson seems so grown up for his age in this video. He really did a good job. In all seriousness though he is learning these songs from you and Jon and it shows what great examples you are to your kids and just how much you work with him to learn these songs. Who knows.....maybe he could take over for Lee when he retires ;)
Bri

Anonymous said...

I love the video. That was a fun night! Your boy really is a good singer. I am impressed with how he remembers all of those words!

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious! What a great pick-me-up in the middle of the day. I especially like Jordan humming and playing below him. It is a shame he didn't bust out with a song Sunday.
Jennifer

Amy said...

Stacy- this really touched my heart. There is something pure and beautiful about hearing a child sing about our Lord. He encouraged me! Way to go Lawson - you will make a wonderful song leader one day!

Whitney said...

Your child is amazing. I could listen to him sing all night and all day! Post more videos! :-)