Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter 2010

This Easter was a wonderful day for our family. I was determined to wake up early, get a ham cooking, get our sides in the oven, get myself and the family up and ready and get to church early for the breakfast they were serving. Saturday night Jon went to see a movie after work with some friends, but I warned him that if he did not get up and help me in the morning he would be dead meat.

I woke up at 5:45 (practically the middle of the night) and was in the shower by 6. When I got out at 6:15 I was puzzled to hear the kids squealing with delight about their Easter baskets downstairs. I couldn't figure out why they were up at 6:15, or allowed to go see what was waiting for them without Jon waiting for me to at least get out of the shower!! As I was getting dressed, Jon came in and told me that his clock has an automatic timer and since the old Daylight Savings Time was this weekend it sprung forward an hour in the middle of the night. He had heard me in the shower, looked at his clock, saw 7:15 and ran to yank the kids out of bed and do Easter morning in 15 minutes!!! I was a little bit sad to not get to see them see their baskets, but the knowledge that Jon did that out of fear of what I'd do if he had overslept an hour was so worth it!! It was priceless; it had me chuckling all morning. In fact, I just chuckled a few seconds ago. And now. :)

Anyways, we got a few good pics of the kids, got to church when I had planned (!), enjoyed a wonderful worship service, and came home to a delicious (if I do say so myself) ham, potatoes, green beans and fresh bread. Then it was naptime for me and the kids...you know, since we got up in the middle of the night!!

The weather was absolutely beautiful and after naptime, we went to a nearby park and greenway, where the kids played, Jon and I threw the baseball, then the kids rode bikes while we walked. It ended with us throwing rocks into a creek and Lawson skipping his first stone!!!

Anyways, here are a few of our pics from Sunday morning...

Big cheeseball...
This one's a keeper...
My kids and their Daddy...
And because Jon made me get in one...
And hey...it's only 5 days past due!! :)

2 comments:

Chosen. Loved. Adopted said...

These are all precious! I love Jordan's big smile. She is such a cutie!

The HoneaBees said...

I did the exact same thing. Except, I was the only one who got up. J heard me, looked at his clock (which was correct) and didn't bother to tell me any different. And we were still late for church. UGH!