Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Folding Towels

Everyone does it differently, but in every house there is a right way. One right way. Isn't there? In our house it's

1. Fold in half long-ways.
2. Fold the freshly folded fold over to the 'collection of corners' at the end.
3. Fold the remaining long rectangle twice (so, into thirds).
4. Stack in the same direction and place in closet so that only folded edges can be seen.
I remember folding towels as a child--my brother and I used to do it together. We'd clear off the coffee table then make up an assembly line. One of us would make the first couple folds, then pass it on for the other to make the last two and stack it up. Even now, towels are my favorite laundry to fold. Something about the consistency. The pattern. How they all turn out the same and make a nice neat pile. I'm weird, I know.

Last month I was folding laundry. This is something my kids haven't seen much of in their lives, for a couple reasons. One, I don't do it all that much. The other, when I do fold laundry it is usually during naptime. Well, I was tickled when Lawson wanted to help me... I was surprised at how quickly he caught on. Plus, he enjoyed it so much he folded all of the towels left in the pile. Awesomeness. It's just another way I've noticed how big my little boy is becoming.
Can you tell which ones he did? :)

1 comment:

The HoneaBees said...

Won't you be glad when they can do all of the chores?!