Sunday, July 11, 2010

Look what we learned to do!


This past week my dad and his girlfriend were here and they stayed in a hotel with a pool. Needless to say, that is where we spent much of our free time this week, and after 3 days of swimming, the kids had each made HUGE strides!!

At the beginning of the week, both kids would wear floaties and paddle all around the pool, but wouldn't go under the water, trust us to help them swim without their floaties or try to walk on the bottom of the pool. By Friday, they were both swimming with faces in the water, without holding their noses!

Lawson can swim almost the entire width of the pool in one breath, and Jordan can swim 5-10 feet unassisted. The problem with Jordan, though, is that she starts out on the steps, but can swim far enough that when she stops she can't reach the bottom--and she never wants to ask for help. Several times I ran over to help her back to the top because she had swam out to the middle of nowhere without telling anyone! That child is not afraid of anything, and that causes her Mommy much stress!!!

I had just been wondering about where/how to put them in swim lessons that would be worth our time and money, but now I guess all we need is more practice time! I can't believe my 5 year old and 3 (almost 4) year old are swimming now! Crazy!

2 comments:

Jamey said...

So proud of them!!!! Yay!!!!

Sunny said...

That is so great! I think that has to be so exciting for them. I know that you are proud!