Friday, August 13, 2010

Party for a Princess

Jordan wanted a princess party this year, and Nana and Papa wanted to get a bouncer for her party, so I was so excited to find this pretty castle bouncer! The kids LOVED bouncing the whole time, and the adults enjoyed being able to sit and talk without having to worry about what the kids were getting into!

As always, I made the cake, and this one was HUGE! It took 9 cake mixes and about 12 batches of homemade icing and it was so heavy! I was more worried about what it looked like than how much supply I had to use. Actually, it looked different in my head, but time restraints made me modify and downscale what I had in mind! I was worried it wasn't good enough, but Jordan came down from her nap whenI was icing and decorating it. She gasped a huge gasp, got the hugest smile on her face, and sighed, "It's so beautiful!" That made every second of it worth it!
I didn't do a good job of taking pictures of everyone who was there and getting a lot of action shots. I was so tired, and I really just wanted to relax and enjoy the evening! We got a few good ones, though!
Here is the "cut-into" cake. Massive.
It was a fun party, and as always, I am so thankful for our friends and family who come out to make our special days even more special!

I'm thankful for Jordan and the blessing that she is to our family, and being able to celebrate another year of her vibrant life and her healthy growth is such a blessing for us!

No comments: