Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lately...

So...the blog has been pretty neglected in the last couple weeks...I've been checking status updates on Facebook more than blogs lately! :)


A few weeks ago some friends with high schoolers gave us their old trampoline! We are so excited, and the kids LOVE jumping on it! At first Jordan wouldn't even get on it, but after a few days she is all over that thing! She's great at jumping by herself, but when Lawson's jumping too she just lays on her belly and bounces around. It's so funny! This picture makes me laugh because Jon and I both stick our tongues out when we're concentrating on something. I didn't even notice til I was looking back through pictures that Lawson has his tongue out in this picture...
Just one of many motion-blurred pics I got...Both kids suspended in the air...When this picture's enlarged, I LOVE the smile on Lawson's face...he has SO much fun jumping!

She keeps trying to get up, but everytime he bounces she flops back down to her belly....

So funny to me...





Lawson helped me cook dinner the other day...I had to use canned biscuits for the shells of these cheesy/meaty cupcakes, and gave him the leftover biscuit to play with...
He loves to "help"...but I'm not sure he's ready to help with the real thing...
Quite floured and patted, huh? :)



They were goofing around the other day....Jordan kept going up behind Lawson, hugging him, then pulling him down. They were cracking each other up...they play so well together. (Well, most of the time!)
This is what I get now when I say, "Cheese!"
I love this boy! :)
So, here's a step by step of how Jordan gets on the potty these days. She peepees on it some, never poos, but loves to sit on it in her clothes. In fact, she'll sit on it then poo in her diaper, but not actually in the potty! I'm afraid to even try to train her now, though, because if this is how she gets on a potty I'd throw up if she had to go potty in a store or restaurant...Ewwww...the germs!

The other day I decided to get something out to get us to lunch time. Both kids have good fine motor skills, so I got some beads and pipecleaners out. Jordan just had fun naming and picking the different colors. I started teaching Lawson about patterns and how to pick and place the colors to make different patterns. We all sat and did this for over an hour!!!
BTW...neither of them actually have their tongues OUT, but they are both very close. I'm telling you...I couldn't deny these kiddos if I tried!
One more thing...for those of you who've been to our playroom, maybe you notice the new shelf in the background...Jon finished my cubby shelf a couple weeks ago and I LOVE it!!!! It's just the right height for the kids...Well, I'll probably do a post about it in a couple days b/c he worked so hard on it--If I do it now, it'll mess up the rest of these pictures, then I'll scream and delete the whole thing!

Finally, yesterday the kids spent a couple hours playing on the stairs. Sliding down, throwing balls down, throwing them up and letting them roll down...you name it! They both came in to me in the kitchen to show me this....they said they looked like Mickey Mouse. Maybe it's time for a trip to ol' Disney World???

3 comments:

Jane said...

Trampolines are so fun!! I think my sister may be getting one for Christmas or in January for birthdays and I'm just as excited as the kids I think. :)

Sunny said...

I seriously thought that picture of Lawson on the trampoline was Jordan!

I love the "cheese" picture and the picture of Lawson is just so adorable!

Can't wait for your post on your playroom. I'm sure that it looks fabulous!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

That trampoline is going to get a lot of use at your house with your little bunnies! :) That will be so nice to have...especially in the Spring and Summer. We've done beads a few times, but it's quite a task still with my kids. I just did colored string, though. I need to use pipe cleaners next time so they'll stay on better and not make such a disaster...good idea. Love the cubby shelf Jon built. It must be nice having your own little "handyman" at home that can build you whatever you need. :)