Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ugly Hands



My hands are ugly. My nails are short and broken. My fingers are dry and cracked. My skin is wrinkled and worn, not smooth. My hands get hot, cold, wet and dirty--usually on a daily basis. My hands do not get manicured or pampered. My hands do my work. My hands are ugly.

It's okay, though. My hands do my work. My work is for my family. My hands have delivered thousands of newspapers. My hands wash dirty dishes. My hands do loads of laundry. They rake and mow and sweep and clean. They cook and paint and sew. My hands touch my husband. My hands feed and clothe my kids. My hands push swings, carry kids and fix boo-boos. My hands play and discipline and tickle and wipe tears.

My hands are ugly...but my hands are how I love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree my hands are not that great either. When you become a mom those things seem to take a backseat. I have got yellow food coloring stains on mine right now!