Friday, May 30, 2008

Several Subjects...

Anniversary Flowers, Part 3~the Lilies! They came Wednesday...I waited to post them b/c they come in buds, like this:
and then after a day or two they bloom and open up, like this:
Aren't they pretty? Just in case you were wondering, the sunflowers and the roses are STILL looking fresh a WHOLE week later!! I'm telling you, if you're going to spend money on flowers, ProFlowers is worth it b/c they last SOOO long--not a few hours like grocery store bouqets!

Jordan's new thing is getting in the fridge and playing in the bathroom. For the bathroom, she mostly unrolls the toilet paper and plays on the little potty...HOWEVER, from time to time I have walked in and found her, her hair, the toilet seat, and the floor around her {insert shudder here} WET! YUCK!

For the fridge...she opens the door, now that she knows that she can open the door, then stands on the ledge in front of the bottom drawers. She is still short enough that she fits completely in without leaning down or her head touching the top. Thank goodness it won't shut w/ her in it b/c of the shelves on the door! Anyways...she knows now that she'll get in trouble if I find or hear her, but she still risks it. I walked in on her the other day, not in time to get her inside of it though, and she heard me and immediately slammed it shut and turned around and smiled. Little snot!

Another quick story...Wednesday she only took a 35 minute nap and after Lawson got up I really needed to get a shower. SO...I put on a show and she was watching, so I slipped upstairs. When I came down after a speedy shower (I'm pretty sure I at least got everything wet!) and heard a very dense sounding plop. I knew what it was, but walked into the kitchen to verify and found not one, but two broken eggs on the floor. Just what I wanted to clean up after my, um, refreshing(?) shower...


Here are a couple pics from Lawson's tee ball game last night. This one is so cute to me b/c he's on the fence, but looks a little goofy b/c he has a mouthful of water. It was so humid, and everyone was hot...but the kids were soooo sweaty and dirty when it was all over with. (Look at his hands! Bet you didn't know that they added a job to the description of shortstop--it's to make sure you touch every piece of dirt within a 2 ft radius of yourself!!!) I guess that's what summer is all about, right?

This is where he plopped himself to eat his snack after the game!
I love this picture! After the game we went over to the park at the Y to have a picnic and let the kids play. Since we don't have to leave the parking lot to go from the fields to the park Jon let Lawson help drive. He loves to help drive! One of my favorite parts is that on the radio the song "Driving my life away" came on! ~Look at Lawson's tongue sticking out! Jon and I both do that when we are really concentrating on something!!
Last Friday we took the kids to see the Huntsville Stars play at home. The kids' favorite thing was looking for Homer in the stadium. In between innings, Lawson went down and Homer signed his glove.
Jon took Jordan to see Homer too.
Towards the end of the game, this is how Lawson decided to watch. Cute! :)
Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend...We're excited for hanging out with the kids, another tee ball game, a class picnic, and a Huddle Leaders' get-together all before Monday comes again! It's gonna be fun--as long as the stinkin' rain stays away! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have missed a whole month of you guys life. I loved looking at all of the pictures from the past month and getting to catch up with what has been going on with you guys. Happy LATE Anniversary! I love the flowers. Ya'll are a great Godly couple. We are very blessed to know you and have you working with our teens.

Sunny said...

The flowers are beautiful and I'm glad that they have lasted. (That is what I hate the most about flowers, they are usually only good for a few days.

Jordan looks SO proud of herself with that egg on the floor. I know that she keeps you on your toes.

I love the way that Lawson is watching the Stars game. That is just too precious!