Thursday, December 4, 2008

Stupid Cups

Sunday night, we arrived home from our awesome weekend with Kenny and Jamey and the kids were so excited to put up the decorations. After we spent 3 hours putting up the tree and her trimmings, we realized we had not eaten dinner. It was 8pm, and we had no groceries in the house. I knew Casa Blanca would not fail us in quick service, so we got ready to head out. I quickly poured some milk cups to try to avoid buying drinks and avoid the kids drinking coke so late.

We got to the restaurant and I looked for the kids' cups. I looked up to Jon after a hefty gusty sigh and said, "Gah...I poured that milk then I forgot their stupid cups!" I wasn't mad, just frustrated, and really thought nothing more of it. For about 4 minutes.

Because when we walked into the restaurant and were led to our seats, the waiter asked us if we wanted anything to drink. Lawson looked right up at him and said, "Yes, we need drinks, because mom forgot our STUPID CUPS at home!!"

My jaw dropped. And he's only almost 4.

5 comments:

Jason said...

Yikes!

one BleSSed gal! said...

Oooooooooooooohhhhh! You said the "S" word!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! The biggest shock I am sure is that it came out of such a sweet little boy. I'm just waiting for Will to copy something that we don't want him to say. Heaven help us...

Jamey said...

FUN-NY!

Bethany said...

Isn't it fun to have parrots as children? I cant even begin to count the times that my beautiful children copied what I said...at the worst possible moment. :)