Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Workin' it out

Jon and I have had a gym membership for about a year and a half. Off and on I have gone consistently to work out. Lately, it's been pretty consistent at 3-5 times a week. The kids go in the Kid Kare and they love it. They know the names of all the ladies who work in there, and they know a few of the kids who are regularly there at the same time we are.

They know I exercise while they are in Kid Kare and they always ask me what kind of exercise I did when we are leaving. They ask me if I rode the bike, or what machine did I use, or "did someone help you exercise" (did I take a class)? I tell them all about what I did. I want them to grow up enjoying healthy activities so that they can be fit and healthy. They always want to go exercise with me, and I hate telling them that they are still too little to ride those bikes!

The other day I was flipping through our On Demand section of cable and found a workout show available to watch. I started playing it so I could preview it and see what it was like before I decided if I wanted to do it. Well, within just a few minutes of me turning it on the kids started watching it. It didn't take long after that before they were trying to do the moves!! I love it! :) Of course I had to grab the camera!

Here they are doing their ab work. They are supposed to have one foot on the opposite knee. Then they are suppsed to do a cross-crunch, bringing their elbow to the knee that's in the air. Lawson looks like he's really doing it! Jordan must be taking a relaxing break! :) (Sorry about the nasty carpet. If I had known there would be a floor photo-op, I may have called out Stanley Steemer!)

Here they are doing side lunges and punches. I just loved watching them try to do these exercises! I am thinking about doing a morning video each day just so they can do it with me! :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jenna said...

Yay! I am so glad you posted the pictures! Forget Stanley Steamer!! Your kids are way too cute to even notice the carpet!! :)

The HoneaBees said...

SO cute! I need on demand cable so I can work out. I am sure I would think of some other excuse not to though.

Bri Maharrey said...

Love those sweet pics of your kiddies!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you're teaching your kids how to be healthy while they're so young. I used to love doing the Jane Fonda workout with my step-mom when I was litte... oh and Micky Mousercise. That was great too. Way to go on your workouts!

Ashleigh