Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Trails or Trail of Tears??

The other day, we spent about 40 hours plagued by near-torrential downpours! Our backyard had 2 inches of standing water in many places, and there was no way I was getting out of the house for anything short of an emergency. The kids had been playing on a tote I had bought to put old clothes in, so I decided to help them make a "trail". We started out going from the khaki chair by the wall over to the stairs. Later I brought in some kitchen chairs and stretched it to the playroom train table.

The kids spent pretty much all morning tracing back and forth across the "trail." Hours, really. Up til lunchtime they played, then after lunchtime they played some more.
Once, while they were on the train table together, they decided to strike up a little sibling band. It was cracking me up, because they were harmonica-ing and singing like they were really putting on a concert!!!
Jordan even struck a pose to hit a big note!!!
Then it was naptime. I haven't caused impromptu fits of this proportion in a very long time!!! As soon as I mentioned putting everything up and going to bed, there was an uprising among the people!!!
I know they were upset, but I couldn't resist taking pictures of their sheer devastation that their Happy Trails had to come to an end...

4 comments:

jenna said...

HAHAHA!!! Lawson's crying fact right at the camera just made me laugh so hard!! (Sorry Lawson! I love you!) That sounds like such a fun way to spend a rainy day!!

one BleSSed gal! said...

What a super-fun idea!
Love your creativity!

Jamey said...

So sad! Did you leave it out so they could play when they woke up? Looks like a fun way to pass the time!

Bethany said...

Hahaha! :) I love to look at PICTURES of crying kids. THier faces are too funny! Too bad there is actual noise that comes out !:) haha! Looks like they had a great day despite the rain. :)