Friday, January 2, 2009

"If we make it through December...

Everything's gonna be alright, I know..."

This is an old country song that I love hearing, and I thought it was appropriate because this December was especially crazy and busy for us! I really can't believe that the month has come and gone...there are so many things that we did, AND so many things that I did NOT get done.

I cannot believe that I did not blog the month--there were so many things to post. It seems that I hardly spent any time even checking my email, so the blog and Facebook got the shaft. I am still hoping to post some of the highlights--our beach trip, Lawson's birthday and party, and of course Christmas.

This last week I have been so busy--while Jon was taking advantage of our extra warm weather to make progress on the swingset, I raked our whole back yard. This took me 2 whole days. We dragged 3 HUGE, heavy tarp-fuls to the street to dump, then I decided it was easier to use bags. After I had finished raking and bagging, Lawson woke up from his nap and walked to the back door to go outside and he said, "Oooohhhh, Mommy, it looks SO clean!!!" It was cute!

I got all our Christmas decor down and packed up a couple days ago. For some reason, it won't fit in the same amount of boxes it came out of....I didn't feel like messing up what I had already packed so I ran out and got one more tote to put the extra in. I'll figure it out next year, I guess!

I am such a loser. I printed Christmas cards, addressed almost all of them, started stamping them, then ran out of stamps. I didn't want to mail them in 2 shifts (for some dumb reason), so I STILL have them ready to go, but too embarrassed to send them. I will close out this post with a small poll...

Should I send them out? Or just suck it up and toss em? Jon doesn't think I should send them--because it's January 2nd and he's embarrassed, I think. I am too, but I don't want to waste the work...

I just can't decide. What do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you should send them! No one will care that they are late. People always enjoy getting pictures of your kids. Plus, I wouldn't be able to through away all of those stamps although I think that I have heard that there is a way to get the stamp off. I would check into that before throwing anything away.

jenna said...

I say send them. If it were me, I'd send them and write "sorry we're late" on the back of the envelope or something. haha. I mean, I still want my card from the Stacys! :)

Sunny said...

I hope that things are able to slow down for you all! I can't wait to see all of your pictures. If it was me, I would send them. Pictures and stamps are expensive! I don't think that I could let that money go to waste!

Jamey said...

Send them, send them!

(Or you could wait and send them with next year's?!....de'ja vu)

The HoneaBees said...

Here is my vote...
If they are sealed, send the ones that you have stamped.
If they are not sealed, don't send them and use the envelope for next year's card. This would give you a jump on next year's expense.