Monday, April 21, 2008

On a Monday...

Short post this morning...just a few things to share...

On a quick note, though, I also want to ask everyone who checks in here to send up a prayer on Jon's and his family's behalf. Last night he flew to Kansas City, MO to be with his family during the funeral of his uncle. This article tells how he was murdered and found Thursday night in a parking garage. Please pray for comfort to come over the family and for all who have traveled to return home safely. Lastly, I want to thank everyone who has already called, emailed and spoken to us at church expressing love and concern. Jon told me how much this has meant to him. We are truly blessed with a great supportive family here. I also want to thank those who have extended help--to Jason for driving Jon to the Nashville airport, to Sunny for spending the evening alone while Jason was gone, and to Mrs Marta for coming to stay with the kids while I am doing the papers in the morning. THANK YOU!! :)

I also wanted to post some pics of my van Sunday morning. If you are in Hsv and get a paper, you know it was a ridiculously large paper for no apparent reason! Extra articles and features caused each paper to be quite a handful. Here are two pics of the van after about the last and 550-th paper had been rolled...



Also...it has been the week for pulling out some dresses Jordan got as gifts for her baby shower and has thus far been too small to wear them! It is very exciting to receive a larger size and know that in two years, when most of the baby items have been long packed away, you will be able to pull a long-awaited something out of the closet!!

Wednesday night I put her in this cute little Polo dress from James, Mary, Ashley and Grace. (I put Lawson in a navy Polo to complement.) I actually got a cute pic of the two of them together--this rarely happens anymore since no one looks at cameras or sits still anymore! :) Well, they're not smiling-but at least they are both in the picture and looking! :)


Finally...I have been waiting for Jordan to wear this dress since she was itty bitty! My friend Lynnette got it for her...she's the one who just got married and I went to Michigan for the wedding. (Which, incidentally, I may try to get the rest of those pics up this week!) She wore it yesterday..was a little big still...but cute! :) Please don't regard the fact that she has the thinnest finest flyaway frizzy hair that hardly even holds a bow... :(


Anyways...that'll do for now...hope this is a good week for everyone! :)

6 comments:

Jamey said...

So cute! Love the dresses....it looks like it's nice weather there!!!

Bethany said...

Oh my. I am so sorry for your families loss. That is so tragic. I will definatly send up a prayer or two.

On a lighter note...I love Jordan's dress (the polka dot one!!) she looks so big in it! :) And you kids are little clones of each other...they have almost the same expression on thier faces in the pic next to the tree! :) hehe!

I hope this week is MUCH less eventful for you.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I was so sorry to hear about Jon's uncle. That's so sad. I apologize for not mentioning it to ya'll on Sunday and letting you know that you are in our thoughts right now. I feel bad that I didn't say anything that morning. I get so sidetracked and scatterbrained with my kids and everything going on. We love you guys, though, and are always here to help you in any way that we can. I'm glad Jason was able to help get Jon to the airport and somebody could come stay with the kids to help you out. I'll be praying that he gets home safely.

By the way, Jordan's dress on Sunday looked so cute on her and that's a really good pic of her and Lawson. How fun is it to find clothes in the closet that you've been waiting for them to wear! I love when that happens, but I think my gifts are all used up. :(

Bri Maharrey said...

We are thinking about you guys at this time. I really cannot even imagine what the family is going through. We are here if you need anything too ;) Never hesitate to call.

Jordan looks so cute always in whatever she wears!! I personally am a big fan of polka dots too ;)

Sunny said...

I love the pictures of the kids all dressed up! They are just absolutely precious!

We were so sorry to hear of the loss of Jon's uncle. I can only imagine how shocking and hard this is on the family. Please know that your family is and has been in our thoughts and prayers.

Bowerman Blessed said...

We are so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. All of you are in our thoughts!

Jordan looks precious in the polka dots. Love that dress.

We miss ya'll.