Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just in case you need to smile today...

or laugh out loud!!!

I talked earlier this week about going through some of my old pictures of me...Anna posted an old picture of herself and Laura put a funny one on Facebook...I wanted to show off my big plastic glasses too!!! I realized, though, that showing off my big plastic glasses would require that the rest of the picture go along with it! Opening myself completely up to you, I present "Younger Stacy":

Sorry for fuzziness...no scanner! Just pictures of pictures! This was a birthday, in my old house. I can tell b/c of the big woven mat and wonderful broom decor on the wall!!! Here I am sporting my pigtails:
Here we have the side ponytail. Notice the big glasses, faded perm, and the outfit I made myself, thankyouverymuch! The thing I like about this picture is that it reminds me that somewhere under my current state of 'fluffiness' I do have collarbones that I could possibly see again one day! :)

It's only gonna get better from here on out, I tell you what!!! This was an Easter Sunday. I thought I had cool bangs, but apparently it was a mullet, because when the back got pulled into a ponytail (or bun, not sure which but equally possible), the bangs have expansive depth, width and breadth! Notice the hair stuck under my glasses' arms!! YUCK!! Also, the look on my brother's face cracks me up. Like he's saying, "We're gonna be sorry for this picture in a few years!" He's so cute! :)

Here it is...the MoneyMaker!!! I tell you, I will never be able to thank my mother enough for helping me get ready for school pictures this day!!!! She so thoughtfully put my hair in pink foam rollers, the night before, completely wet, so I could sleep all night in them! The next morning, she BRUSHED IT OUT!!! I am glad I don't actually remember how often I actually looked like this!!! The glasses and brown velvet shirt only makes it better, right??

Well, there you go!!! Hope you at least cracked a smile! Anyone else want to join the bandwagon and post an old (preferably embarrassing) picture of yourself???

7 comments:

Jamey said...

That last one is GREAT!

Oh the days of wet hair, pink rollers and brushing.

I think it's time to pull out the photo albums. I think I remember a time when my mom gave me a home perm....

one BleSSed gal! said...

Thanks--I needed a good laugh today! Those are too funny! Maybe I'll get brave enough to post some of my scary pictures, but then again maybe not :-)

Sunny said...

Stacy, those are hilarious!!! They totally cracked me up!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

HALARIOUS!!! I love it! Oh, don't you worry about the mullet...mine was worse! I guarantee it! Maybe I'll have to dig one of my mullet pictures out and let you catch a glimse of it. Love the last one! I say that same thing to my mom..."What were you thinking by not helping me out here, Mom????"

Laura said...

Ok Stacey, I didn't laugh out loud until the last one. It is great. I am working on finding more pictures. It is so fun to go back. Thank you and good luck with the count down this week. I know you are getting excited.

The HoneaBees said...

I am crying right now! HILARIOUS!

Jason said...

These pics are hilarious. I had a mullet once, too, so I feel your pain.