Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Scary One and a Silly One

Saturday morning we went to a pumpkin patch (a field where a farmer had set up all his pumpkins...not Tate Farms!) and let the kids walk around and pick pumpkins. I didn't think to put them in "Fall-ish" clothes...I'm just not that prepared! So in regular clothes we went, and the kids picked their own pumpkins. Lawson kept picking up bumpy ones, and Jordan kept trying to pick up heavy ones. We finally settled on some and came home with 3, because somehow Jon got one too!
We put them on the porch to carve that afternoon, but we didn't get time until Sunday after Funfest. We asked the kids what kind of Jack-o-Lanterns they wanted. Lawson said Scary. Jordan said Silly. Lawson, for some reason, picked the hardest pumpkin I've ever seen. I started out doing his, but it was so hard to carve that Jon and I switched after just cutting the circle out of the top!

7 comments:

Sunny said...

What cute pictures! Love the scary and silly pumpkins!

Jamey said...

How creative! Lawson's 'bumpy one' makes it look like the scary guy has zits!

P.S. Isn't it fun to see how low the counter is on your sidebar!?

Stacy said...

Jamey--YES! Fun to see the counter! Tomorrow morning is my LAST day!

Creative? Um, No...I did a google image search and picked my favorites that looked easy! I'm just a copycat!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Wow!!! Those pumpkins are impressive! We do the typical triange eyes nose and pointy teeth mouth in our house. :)

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

meant to say "triangle"...i'm sure you figured that out. :)

Jason said...

Have fun delivering your last paper tonight.

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkins turned out so cute! I am not surprised because you are so creative. Have fun delivering papers one last time!